Saturday, May 24, 2014

Two Finishes to Report

I am making a quilt that involves applique in the embroidery hoop.  It is called Cat's Meow and it is from Lunch Box Quilts.  They have the pattern in a throw-sized quilt and also in a wallhanging.  I am making the throw for myself but I have already made the wallhanging for my friend Pat.  I wasn't able to report it as soon as it was finished because I hadn't given it to her yet.  Well, I gave it to her on Thursday so now I am reporting it.  Unfortunately, I didn't think to get a picture of it so I can't show it here.  But when I finish the throw I will show a picture of it.  The wallhanging is just a smaller version.

 
Here is my second finish.  I finished sewing the binding this morning.  It is a wallhanging that was featured in a magazine.  One of our customers at work brought in a copy of the directions from her magazine and generously allowed me to make a copy.  It is called Spring Skinnie and was in Quiltmaker Magazine March/April 2013.  I have it hanging here on my front door.  It is bright and colorful and so happy!  I love it!  If I didn't have more obligations right now I would make another one because it was fun to make.  The flower and the flower pots were raw-edge appliqued to the background fabric, then the blocks were added as a border.  I free-motion quilted only the background so the flower and pots would pop.  I am rather proud of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment