Monday, December 30, 2013

Celtic Solstice Clue 5

Clue 5 pieces
This was an easy clue to do.  I had these sewn on Saturday but I took my time getting them sliver-trimmed.  I love the colors I have chosen.  The darker purples seem to set off the brighter colors used elsewhere.  The second picture shows s possible combination of the pieces I have made so far.  Of course, I could be far off on putting the pieces together.  Maybe this week's clue will have us putting these together.  The quilt designer, Bonnie Hunter, visited Ireland last June and this quilt was inspired by a tile floor in a church over there.  I think I will pay more attention to things like that!  


Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Celtic Solstice Clue 4

Here is a picture of my clue 4 four-patches.  We were to make 120 of these in orange and green.  Of course, my orange is hot pink!  I worked on these in between customers yesterday.  We sold several sewing machines to be Christmas gifts.  It was a pretty good day.

Monday, December 9, 2013

Celtic Solstice Clue 2

Here is a picture of my completed Celtic Solstice Clue 2.  These 100 blocks were not hard to make but they were time-consuming.  After I got them finished today I heard of another way to make them - an easier way.  I pieced each piece, but another blog, showed how to do it by strip-piecing it.  If I had known that I would have done it that way.  However, I got them done and now look forward to the next clue, slated to go live on Friday morning.  I do love the colors together.  The yellow seems to strike sparks off the green, and with the white is very pleasing to the eye.  I can't wait to put these together with my dark purples and hot pinks.

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Celtic Solstice Clue One Finished

I am making Bonnie K. Hunter's new mystery quilt, Celtic Solstice.  She posted the first clue Friday morning, and I got started cutting my fabrics at work that day.  I worked at it off and on over the weekend and just now, Sunday night at 10, I finished the first clue.  Here is a picture of my pieces finished.  I made 92 blocks with pink in the center and 96 blocks with my neutral in the center.  Here is also another picture of the fabrics I have chosen to put in this quilt.  I changed two of Bonnie's colors - my purple for her blue and my pink for her orange.  I didn't change her green or yellow but I did change some of my neutrals.  I am using white on white scraps for my neutrals.  I like Bonnie's way of using prints on the neutrals but it really makes for a busy quilt.  I am linking this post to Bonnie's blog  Many people will be linking to her blog, because many people are doing this quilt.  I am proud to be one of them.