Saturday, December 12, 2015

Finished My Christmas Tree Skirt

Second verse, same as the first.
I finished my tree skirt the other day.  I waited to take a picture when I got my tree decorated.  I used the same block pattern as my daughter's skirt but I used only four blocks for mine and nine blocks for hers.  She has a much larger tree than I have.  If you look really close at the picture you can see needles from the tree laying on the tree skirt.  Don't have much in presents under there yet.
I also quilted and bound my friend Debbie's Christmas quilt (made just like mine).  I am practicing my free motion quilting so I offered to do her quilt too.  I think I am getting better at it with each one I do.  I gave her quilt to her today and she has already hung it on the wall in her living room beside her Christmas tree.  She did an excellent job at the piecing of the quilt.

We had the Christmas luncheon of our pillowcase group today at Mayberry's Restaurant in St. Albans, WV.  Here is a picture of all the girls that attended.
We had a gift exchange and Mary Igo, that's the blonde in the green sweater, got the gift I took.  She seemed to like it a lot.  It was a Christmas tablerunner I made from a pattern I found in a two-year-old quilt magazine.  In the open blocks I quilted a stencil pattern, my first one.  I didn't get a picture of it, never even thought about it.  I am in the process of making another one and I will get a pic of it.

I am still making Christmas gifts and I will post pictures of them after Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, wonderful Christmas decorations! I regret not having seen them earlier! I could have borrowed many many useful ideas!

    ReplyDelete