Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Design Wall Monday







I know, I know, it's Tuesday already. Let's just pretend I am not late this week to make this post. At least I have something to show this week! I have made 40 Bow-Tie blocks from my scraps. I bought five yards of the cheddar dot fabric to use for the background of this quilt. The rest of the fabric is coming from my scrap bins. If I have enough of one fabric to get three 3" blocks then I am making a bow-tie. I laid out the blocks on the floor starting on the lower left with the light colored blocks, then medium, then dark. I see from the picture that I need lots more dark blocks if I want to do this layout. I usually just throw blocks together willy-nilly (totally scrappy) but I am thinking I want to control this one. I am thinking about putting sashing around four blocks, still staying in the light-to-dark idea. I am going to just keep making blocks for a while and see what looks best.

No comments:

Post a Comment