Monday, August 27, 2012

What I'm working on

The past couple of days I have been working on a quilt I saw in a quilt book from the South Charleston library.  I couldn't find the exact block in EQ7 so I drew it up myself and added it.  I am calling the quilt "Echoes of Summer".  These are the components of the quilt.  I had to make 64 red/white half-square triangles and 80 blue/ white four-patches.  I elected to make the blues scrappy, but the red and white are the same throughout.  I may change the border to a pieced border but I have very little of this white left so that really limits me.  I may teach this quilt in a class at work in maybe October.  We already have the September schedule made so I guess I am working ahead.  This will be a small quilt, suitable for a baby quilt or wallhanging or maybe to throw over a table.  More blocks could be added to make it bigger but I can quilt this size myself.  I'll post pictures when it is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment