Thursday, September 19, 2013

I'm a Winner!

I had an appointment this morning with the doctor who is going to do my cataract surgery.  Bad news - surgery has to be put off because my previous eye doctor did not provide my records.  Now I have to have tests to find out which lens implant I need.  Since I have to have my surgery at the hospital (due to having hospital insurance) and the doctor has limited time at the hospital, they said it may be after the first of the year before we get to do it.  I guess I can wait.  Now - to get to how I'm a winner - while I was waiting in the doctor's office I got a call from MSN, that is, Mountaineer Sports Network.  They said I won!  During the WVU game last Saturday they had a Listen To Win contest where you text  MSN to a certain number when they said to.  I had the text all cued up on my phone and when they said to I hit SEND.  I really didn't think any more about it, even when I noticed that the call this morning was from Morgantown, WV.  Everyone in the waiting room was listening to my side of the conversation.  I was so excited!  They said I won two tickets to an upcoming home game at Mountaineer Stadium, a year's worth of lottery tickets, and a year's worth of Pizza from Papa Johns!  Woohoo!  I can't wait to go to the game!  Richard and I are super fans of WVU football, and we haven't been to a game in years and years.  This Saturday the WVU football team is taking on the Terps of Maryland at Baltimore.  Kickoff is at 3:30 and I work until 4 but I can listen to the game on the radio and then watch it when I get home.  Go Mountaineers!

No comments:

Post a Comment