Sunday, January 5, 2014

First Cataract Surgery

I found this picture on the internet showing how everything looks thru cataracts.  This is exactly the way I've been seeing for years and didn't know it.  I knew I couldn't see details any more.  I had my left eye operated on last Friday and the right eye will be done next Friday.  There was no pain, and it really wasn't very traumatic.  They gave me meds thru my IV that made me not care what they did to me.  Afterwards they strapped a cage over my eye (to protect it) and sent me out to get something to eat.  I was back in the office that afternoon and they said I was seeing 20/40 even though my eye was swollen and full of meds.  I woke up Saturday morning and my vision was so sharp!  I couldn't believe it!  During the day my eye clouded up some but it was clear this morning and has stayed that way.  I can now sit back in my chair and read my emails!  Colors are also much brighter.  My living room is painted sky blue and I thought that was a pretty color.  Now I see that it is much brighter than I thought.  Also there was a tinge of brown that my left eye can still see.  I didn't realize there would be such a color change.  I will be putting drops in my eyes for the next couple of weeks, but it is worth it to be able to see so well.  The lens they put in my left eye lets me see near and the lens for my right eye will let me see far.  That is called monovision.  I will probably need reading glasses in the future.  Looking forward to next Friday and my next surgery!

2 comments:

  1. Wow and Wow! I'm so glad this went well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're satisfied with your cataract surgery, Debbie. Others really think that going under the knife is traumatic. Thanks to bladeless surgeries offered by modern technology, there's no need to think twice about removing those harmful cataracts. Anyway, I'm sorry for the water problems that postponed your next surgery. Hope things will be fixed as soon as possible so that you can get your eyes treated. I'll wait for your next update! :)

    Bruce Kassebaum @ NCEENT.com

    ReplyDelete