Sunday, May 24, 2015

I Copied A Quilt

I was reading my favorite blogs recently and ran across Jo's Country Junction - http://www.joscountryjunction.com/ .  Jo and her daughter Kelli have recently printed their first quilt book.  They have quilts in magazines regularly and everything they do looks great!  The new book - Country Girl Modern - includes a quilt called Rainbow Connection.  I knew I could do this one without a pattern so I got right to it.  Above is a picture of my quilt top.  I am going to buy the book when I see it, but I just couldn't wait for the book to make this quilt.  I made it totally out of my small scraps.  I have been cutting my small scraps into 2 1/2" strips, 2" strips, and 2 1/2" squares.  It was easy to pull the colors I needed for the quilt and concentrate on cutting the squares and sewing that part right then.  I didn't intend to finish it so quickly but I couldn't seem to stop!  Anyway, kudos to Jo and Kelli for a wonderful quilt design.  I wish I had thought of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment