Saturday, June 6, 2015

Rainbow Connection Finished

I finished my Rainbow Connection yesterday.  I quilted it with a simple crosshatch on my sewing machine.  I backed it with the same white fabric I used on the front of the quilt because I had plenty of it in my stash.  We had a sew day at JoAnn Fabrics yesterday in their classroom and while I talked to the girls I finished the hand stitching on the binding.  My friend Debbie C. took the picture.  I really like this quilt and I can think of many ways to make it.  Such as - Christmas fabrics.  A white background with Christmas scenes for the white areas and rings of different Christmas colors going around.  I would use red, green, blue, gold and any other Christmas fabrics that I have on hand.  I am trying to use up my stash and not buy any new fabrics if I can keep from it, and I have quite a lot of Christmas fabrics that need to be used.  I will probably do that this fall.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on this wonderful finish,. I love the pattern and colors.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty quilt, colorful and cheery. Don't finishes feel wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it and am so happy to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it and am so happy to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous quilt, and as you say, so many possibilities. As a Linus rep, I can see this eating into the donated scraps!


    ReplyDelete