Monday, June 13, 2011

Design Wall Monday

Nothing on the design wall this week. I still haven't finished the Log Cabin Butterfly quilt I made last week. I hope to get it sandwiched with batting and backing this week but I have no idea how I want to quilt it. Free motion quilting would probably be best but I am no good at it. I have a few more projects in mind, including a Sunbonnet Sue quilt that would actually be kitty cats. I think the designer called it Sunbonnet Suzy. That would use a common background fabric for the blocks but the kitty cats and clothes would be scrappy, my favorite way of piecing. I found it in a quilt pattern book Pat gave me, called The Cat's Meow by Janet Kime. It was copyrighted in 1994, so it has been around a while. I am working Thursday, Friday and Saturday so I need to get some blocks ready to work on while I am there. Business is pretty slow in the summertime. I have the blocks from the new West Virginia shophop quilt but I think Tammy, Diane, Debbie and I intend to get together to put some of them together so I will wait a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment