Sunday, June 19, 2011

Pillowcases



Our lunch bunch was approached about making pillowcases for kids with cancer at Cabell Huntington Hospital. I sure don't mind doing this but I wish we were doing it for CAMC. I would like to keep it local, especially since CAMC has given Richard a good living for 31 years now. Anyway, I was trying to make cases for both boys and girls and all ages. Here I have one case with hot rods and two cases of patriotic fabrics and colors. I think I have made a total of 12 pillowcases now. They asked that 10 people make 4 cases each. I had a lot of fabrics in my stash (but I did buy a few to make borders match) and I was happy to use some of it for such a good cause. They are quick and easy to make and I hope will make some children happy. I know, it isn't much, but sometimes it doesn't take much to help and everyone should do what they can. The girls are going to meet at Viking Sewing Gallery next Saturday and make as many pillowcases they can. I probably won't be there (we are working on our house) but at least I can contribute! I must commend Maria and Janet and all the girls for their commitment to this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment