Thursday, July 25, 2013

Can You Believe It - Another Finish!

This is probably the fifth 3-D Bowtie quilt I have finished.  I love making these blocks, and they use up lots and lots of scraps.  I used a cheddar dot on white for the background of all the blocks.  I couldn't decide what fabric to use for binding so I used the little bit of background fabric I had left.  I think it made a beautiful binding.  This quilt has been sitting and waiting for binding for probably a year.  I finally decided to get it done!  I bound this quilt and the last quilt, the Cheese and Crackers quilt, at the same time.  I think I have all my quilted quilt tops bound at this time.  I have at least three quilt tops waiting to be basted to batting and backing.  Two of those are lap-sized quilts and I will do them myself.  But one is king-sized and although I had wanted to quilt it myself in three sections I think I will have Vonda Cochran do it for me.  I have not yet chosen the backing fabric for that one, although it is done except for borders. 


No comments:

Post a Comment