Thursday, July 25, 2013

Finally - Another Finish

 This quilt is called Cheese and Crackers - where it got the name I don't know.  It is from Atkinson Designs.  Any time you want a simple but striking quilt Atkinson Designs is the designer you want.  I used scraps from my small scrap bin (small scraps, not small bin) but the tone-on-tone white I used for the background came from the back room at WV Quilts, my favorite quilt shop.  The bottom picture shows the back of the quilt.  The fabric I chose for the backing was a little short so I made more bricks like the front of the quilt and pieced down one side.  It's the first time I've done that and I will undoubtably do it again.  I really like the way it looks.  This quilt is lap-sized.  The kitty cat in two of the pictures is my kitty Sascha.  Every time I lay out a quilt I get a kitty on it.  Usually it is Rosie but she must have been asleep.

Adam and I visited the farmer's market this morning and I got green beans, new potatoes, corn on the cob, cucumbers, bell peppers, and some peaches.  We had a wonderful fresh vegetable dinner!  I also fried some squash (I ate it all!) and baked cornbread.  Richard and I really enjoyed it.  I also have a cantaloupe that I am going to get into in just a few minutes.  We have been overrun with tomatoes.  I only have six tomato plants out back but they are producing a lot of tomatoes.  One of them is growing way too many grape tomatoes.  Richard has been taking them to work to share and I shared some with neighbors.  I only eat tomatoes out of my garden because I hate the gassed things that pass for tomatoes in the restaurants.  I also have a green pepper plant growing but it is not producing very well.



No comments:

Post a Comment