Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring Wallhanging


This is the spring wallhanging I have been working on today. I got the top finished, now to get it layered and quilted. That makes about three tops I need to quilt, and one king-size quilt I need to bind. I love to piece the tops but the quilting is not the most fun. I got the fabric today at JoAnn Fabrics. Picking out the fabric for a quilt is the hardest part of making one. It's really fun to see it coming together, especially the pattern I used today. You sew together strips of fabric, make a tube, and then cut it apart into rings. Then you open one of the seams in each ring and sew them together. By opening a different one each time it makes the design. It makes a 44" square quilt. This is the fourth one I have made by this pattern.


Richard hasn't been feeling well the past few days, or even longer. I told him I think they need to change his blood pressure meds even if his blood pressure is under control. I'm sure that is what is wrong. He doesn't even feel like eating - so you know he doesn't feel well! Even when I'm really sick I still want to eat.


Damien spent the day with Richard yesterday but I didn't get to see him. I spent the day teaching a class on the Spring Wallhanging quilt to three nice ladies. Their quilts were georgous (of course). I missed getting to see Damien though. He was wearing Big Boy pants the other day but yesterday he was back in Pull-Ups. He seems to be resisting toilet-training. If Richard had him for two days he would not need Pull-Ups any more. Richard and Mom toilet-trained my kids, I didn't have anything to do with it.


I talked to Angie this afternoon. She said Cassie has already gone on maternity leave, even though the baby isn't due for another couple of weeks. I told her to be sure and let us know when the baby is born. She is having another girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment