Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Note to Self quilt top finished






This quilt pattern is by Judy Laquidara. She called it Note to Self because it looked like Post-it Notes. She offered a quilt-along for her blog readers. It was fun and easy to make and really looks great and I enjoyed doing it. It has seven borders! I never before put seven borders on a quilt! Excuse my picture but I had to hang it on my clothes dryer outside and the wind was blowing. I think I will have it quilted on a long-arm machine.
Judy is now giving her blog readers a mystery quilt to do. I like making mystery quilts precisely because of the mystery. I put the blocks together exactly by the instructions and when I get done - voila - a beautiful quilt I might not have chosen to do but I love when it's done and I'm always glad I made it. I always learn something new. The second picture shows some of the blocks I have made so far for the mystery quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment