Thursday, August 4, 2011

Just a quick post







They finally fixed the street in front of the house! That has been waiting since the first of the year. I have begged the city to take care of it for months and months.

These are the tomatoes I brought in from the back yard today. I included the fork to show the size of these beauties. I know, a couple of them are less than ripe but I decided to go ahead and get them. Last year we had a lot of blossom-end rot but we have escaped that this year. I only have four plants but I think they will keep us well supplied.

I have made some more blocks for the Halloween applique quilt, but I think I will wait to show them when I get them put together. I made a different pumpkin, a witch's hat, and a bat flying in front of the moon. The more I make these blocks the more I want to put them on a denim shirt to wear this fall.

I think Debbie, Diane, Tammy and I are heading for Barboursville tomorrow for the quilt shops. We will have a nice lunch and make a day of it. I am looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment