Thursday, February 2, 2012

3D Bow-tie BABY Quilt Totally Finished, Warm Weather, and Retreat Time







I know that I already posted this one finished but now it is TOTALLY finished! I did some quilting and got the binding on, but then I knew I needed some more quilting on here so I stitched in the ditch around the blocks. I washed and dried it this morning and I think it looks wonderful! The colors are truer in the close-up picture. I have lots more ideas using the 3D Bow-tie block, so expect more!


Yesterday was warm enough that I sat out on the porch for a few minutes! (Not long, really.) I took a picture of Audrey's house while I was sitting there. That is what it looks like on a warm very early February afternoon. That is what I look at while I am on the porch. I can't wait to plant flowers out front and hear the wind chimes and 95 degrees is really not that hot! It makes me happy to look forward to spring and summer and seeing all the trees in their greenery. The experts tell us that we are having a very warm winter but I don't agree! I am cold most of the time, even though I wear long underwear and warm sweaters and sweatshirts. It is cold in the summer too with all the air conditioning in every building. Now, I'm not saying I don't want air conditioning, but everyone overdoes it, so I have to wear a sweater when I am indoors. I love to go outside in the heat and finally feel confortable. In the winter I only have my new wonderful electric fireplace and my little heater that I take with me everywhere. I can't wait to wear my shorts and no socks! Socks turn around on my feet so that the heel is usually in the front. And my feet are so small that buying socks is a pain! Women's socks are too long for me, and girl's socks are usually too small. I guess I just can't be pleased!


I have packed up my sewing machine and tomorrow I am headed for Cedar Lakes in Ripley, WV for our annual quilt retreat. Viking Sewing Gallery (where I work) sponsors this retreat every year on the first weekend in February. This is my fourth or fifth time going. I will be posting pictures when I get back home. Debbie Canterbury and I room together and work together on whatever projects we have going. This year we are making covers for our KitchenAid mixers and we have a quilt called Jelly Ohs that we will be piecing. Of course, we will be eating and talking for hours and hours. We will have about half of Friday for all this, plus all of Saturday, plus Sunday morning. I think there are about 60 people joining us for all the frivolity. I can't wait to get out to Cedar Lakes and get settled in. I'm going to be as happy as a pig wallowing in the mud!




No comments:

Post a Comment