Sunday, February 19, 2012

Putting Orca Bay Together



I started putting together my blocks for the Orca Bay Mystery Quilt today. This shows one end of the four rows I have done so far. The colors are actually brighter than it shows in the picture - I don't know why it looks so dull. I am very pleased with my colors. Bonnie Hunter used black where I used green, red where I used blue. The black and white is what inspired the name "Orca Bay" because orca is whale. I love my yellow string blocks - I think it really sets off the green and blue. I really didn't like it very well until I put the yellow in. I have put a lot of work in this quilt. Bonnie started posting the clues just before Thanksgiving and finished just after New Years. Once the last clue was posted I sort of dropped the project for a while because I didn't care much for it. Now I am happy I decided to persevere and hope to get it done soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment