Monday, November 5, 2012

Weekend with Bonnie Post !!

The first picture is of Bonnie Hunter as she is teaching our group.  She is a very clear speaker and gives a lot of information.  She is also very humorous, making jokes and laughing out loud.  After a short lecture she would come around and visit each one of us to make sure we knew what we were doing.  And when she found you had finished the block she would announce it to the whole group!

The second picture shows the fog we got up to on Sunday morning.  It was nice that we were only going a short distance to the building our class was being held in.  The fog soon burned off but the morning stayed cloudy.

The third picture is from the trunk show on Friday night.  It is called "Wild Child" and is the one I started last week.  I need 80 string blocks (already made) and 800 half-square triangles (I have made 540 so far).  I'd like to start putting mine together next week so I can devote myself to my Smith Mountain Morning quilt that I started in class on Saturday.  Then Bonnie's mystery quilt will start on Thanksgiving, so I expect to be busy for the next few months.

Lastly, this picture is of the blocks I made in class this weekend.  The first one is my Smith Mountain Morning block (I started a second block but decided I needed more variety in my fabrics, so I didn't finish it.)  The little block is a Pineapple Crazy quilt block and is it CRAZY!  I took one look and decided I would not do this class because I don't like paper piecing much and it was too fiddly and small for me to fool with.  Linda said I should try it anyway so I did, and made this block.  I do love the block but I am not sure I would ever do much work like this.  I'll try to post some more pictures this evening.  I need to spend today getting things ready to take to the polls tomorrow where I will be an election official in the Presidential election.  I will get up at 5 o'clock and be at my polling place by 5:30.  The polls are then opened at 6:30 and don't close until 7:30 at night.  I will finally get home around 8:15, tired and worn out by the long day.  I intend to spend the next day resting!

No comments:

Post a Comment