Sunday, November 4, 2012

Weekend with Bonnie Hunter!

The first picture is Linda and me with Bonnie Hunter herself!  It was taken this morning at Pipestem State Park near Princeton, West Virginia.  I will be talking about this weekend in several posts because my blog host is not happy about too many photos at one time.  The second pic is Bonnie with the quilt we were there to learn to make.  It is called Smith Mountain Morning and is in her book "Scraps and Shirtails II."  We spent the day on that quilt lesson yesterday.  A picture of my block is on Bonnie's bllog "Quiltville's Quips and Snips."  There is also a terrific picture of Linda holding up the block she made this morning.  The third picture is Bonnie's BowTie quilt, the one that got me started making my bowties.  Her bowties were a lot smaller than mine.  I made a baby quilt, a throw, and a king-size quilt out of my bowties.  The last picture is Bonnie's Hexagon quilt that she has just finished after working on it for 12 years.  It is entirely hand sewn, mainly on airplanes and any time she has to wait a while.  You can't believe how gorgeous it was.  Look for more posts about this weekend.  I have a lot more to show!



No comments:

Post a Comment