Monday, March 5, 2012

Center of Orca Bay quilt done



This is the center of my Orca Bay mystery quilt from Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville.com that started last November. I finally have this section finished! I thought it would never happen! I have been busy for days putting blocks together into rows and then adding the rows together. Now it gets a white stop border and then a pieced border made up of green triangles and white fabric. I need 100 of these border units and I have 29 green triangle units ready, so I have a lot more piecing to do. I can't wait to get this done. It is much prettier than I thought it would be. The blocks in the box when I was working on them seemed way too green and I thought the blue and yellow weren't going to show up well. Boy was I wrong! The quilt seems more blue than green and the yellow just sparkles between the blocks. It was a lot of work with all these teeny tiny pieces but I think the quilt is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment