Friday, March 9, 2012

We almost got creamed today!

Richard and I went up to the credit union today and refinanced his Dodge Nitro. When we bought it we used the financing at Hurricane Chevrolet which ended up with Huntington Banks. We didn't have much problem with them but we wanted it at our credit union. So, after a ton of paperwork we will now save some money over the life of the loan since the credit union offered us a better interest rate. We also talked to them about a new car loan for me and got the application, and the assurance we will qualify for another loan. I need to take them one of my pay stubs to set this in action.

Meanwhile, and the reason for this blog post, we went to several dealerships and drove some of the new cars I am interested in. At Joe Holland we got into a Hyundai Accent and I drove out to the corner. When the stoplight turned green I started out while Richard was fiddling with the radio. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a white car coming straight at us. I screamed and stood up on the brake! That car has excellent brakes! The white car never hesitated at the stoplight, but it's a good thing that I did! We avoided a bad wreck by only inches. I am still shaking inside as I type this. We also drove a Chevy Sonic and Ford Fiesta, but I had too much adrenaline running to make any decisions. All these cars are very similar and I have an idea that it will come down to which dealer will give me the best deal. We didn't talk money today at all, maybe we'll do that on Tuesday. I am very happy to be alive and in one piece this evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment