Monday, December 17, 2012

Clue 4 of the mystery quilt finished

I finally finished clue 4 of Easy Street, Bonnie Hunter's new mystery quilt.  These are 64 stacked flying geese and 145 green 3 1/2" squares.  My flying geese turned out pretty well only needing to be trimmed a sliver.  I cut as many different green squares that I could.  I had some small scraps in green and I used them up.  So glad to use something up small enough to throw away the tiny scraps!  Added some strings to my strings collection, soon have to make something wonderful out of them.  I got my fabrics cut for this clue on Friday morning and then turned on the TV and found out about the massacre of the schoolchildren in Connecticut.  I was not able to sew after that - and I was not able to turn off the TV and get away from it.  I spent the day in tears and horror.  Saturday morning I just refused to turn on the set and stayed away from it that way.  It was still hard to sew because I am left in my thoughts.  In my mind I see my grandson, Damien, being slaughtered in his first-grade classroom.  That's enough!  I am going to get away from it now!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors! I also tried to stay away from the horrific news and events. It makes me want to crawl in a hole and sew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stacked geese look fabulous next to the gorgeous greens.

    ReplyDelete