I just finished the Bonnie Hunter mystery called Easy Street. I changed mine to Tropical Punch because the colors did not shout "Easy Street" to me. I picked Tropical Punch because I could see all the oranges and key limes and grapefruit in my colors. I used Bonnie's colors except for her gray, which I changed to an orange/yellow print. Gray would have receded while the orange/yellow pops. It took me a while to choose my borders. I was going to make more orange/yellow four patches to set on point in the border but my husband didn't like that idea. I wanted to make it bigger to fit my king size bed. So I finally settld on a narrow purple border, a wider orange/yellow border, and then a piano key border using all the purple, turquoise, and green colors randomly sewn on. The quilt top is now 104" square and looks beautiful on my bed. It is hard to take pictures of a quilt on my bed because it is a platform bed with a tall headboard and footboard and has drawers and space under the mattress, so I have to tuck in my quilts. I doubt I will get a better picture until it is quilted. I still have to choose batting and backing. I am thinking about using one of the white with black background prints for the backing. I hope to find something terrific this week for it.
|Cornerstones carry the orange out to the edge|