Sunday, January 13, 2013

Two Borders Added to Tropical Punch, One More to Come

After much thought over borders for this quilt I finally decided to make plain borders, since the quilt is so complex.  I added a narrow stop border in one of the purples and then a yellow/orange border, the same fabric I used in the four-patches.  Now what do I do?  The quilt is 95" square, almost a king but not quite king-size.  I have in mind a piano-key border using the three main colors in the quilt, green, purple, and turquoise.  I am thinking of cutting each piece 2" X 6" and placing them randomly.  I think I will also add a yellow/orange square in each corner.  The binding will be purple, I think.  I am very pleased with this quilt, although I don't think I will ever do another.  I don't really enjoy setting blocks on point so I don't do that often.  Now, what do I do for backing?  Vonda Cochran will be quilting it for me on her longarm and I'll let her choose how she wants to quilt it.  As complex as this quilt is probably some simple quilting will be best.  

No comments:

Post a Comment