Tuesday, January 24, 2012

3D Bow-tie BABY Quilt Top Finished



I made this baby quilt for a class at work. It is the same 3D bow-tie block made out of scraps once again. I used pastels and children's prints and bought a lavender-dot fabric for the background. It is 8 blocks by 8 blocks for a total of 64 blocks. It measures 40" square and I am not going to put borders on it. I have just enough lavender-dot fabric left to use for the backing. I think I will look for solid or near solid lavender for the binding. I think that will set it off nicely! It is really prettier than the picture shows. I even took it outside in the driveway for a picture but the colors were washed out. I should probably have done a close-up so you could see how nice the dot background looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment