Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Mystery Harvest Shop Hop

Debbie, Diane, Tammy and I went on the Mystery Harvest Shop Hop last week.  It was two days of quilt shopping and girl talk and laughter!  There were 12 quilt shops located mostly along the Ohio River and we hit them all.  The snowman block in the picture was on the panel of blocks that was featured at all the shops.  I bought the panel and then as a gift the shops gave us each another panel.  Since I have two of them now I think I will color one with colored pencils or crayons.  The actual panel is just blue on white fabric, no other colors.  We had a really good time, spending the night in Gallipolis, Ohio and eating at all the shops.  They each had a recipe for the shoppers and lots of good food.  One shop had meatballs made with saurkraut!  I loved it!  I got the recipe, maybe I'll make it for the quilt retreat at Cedar Lakes in February.  We also had cookies and candy galore!  We really didn't need to eat in a restaurant but since we were in Pomeroy, Ohio we ate dinner at the Wild Horse Cafe, sort of famous place.  I got a huge burger with onion straws, one of my favorite things.  I got away from the shophop without spending a lot of money.  I generally buy patterns but I didn't see any I couldn't do without.  The best thing is - I won a prize from the shop in Pomeroy!  Each shop prepares a basket with patterns and fat quarters and more stuff and gives it away in a daily prize, and the Pomeroy shop called me on Saturday morning to tell me I had won!  They were having a meeting of all the shops on Monday and Phyllis from the Hurricane shop was going to get my basket for me.  I am going to Phyllis' shop on Friday to get it.  I can't wait to see what I get!

The other picture shows a quilt pattern they were selling to make the state of West Virginia to hang on the wall.  Tammy bought that pattern.  She is going to keep it at her home in the Cayman Islands.

No comments:

Post a Comment