Sunday, October 28, 2012

Wild Child!

Wild Child is the name of the quilt I started the other day.  It is from Bonnie K. Hunter's new book called String Fling.  The first picture is of the half-square triangles I have made for this quilt.  I need 400 of the purple ones in front and I have made 48.  I also need 400 of the assorted dark ones in the back and I have made 192 so far.  I also need 80 of the string blocks (see second picture) and I have already made all I need.  The third and fourth pictures show Bonnie Hunter's quilt in the book.  Where she used turquoise I am using the purple (in the front of the first picture).  My quilt may not be as bright as hers, unless I use more brights than darks.  I am not in a hurry to get this one made.  I am going to Hawk's Nest next weekend for classes with Bonnie Hunter herself!  She will be teaching her Smith Mountain Morning quilt which I have already chosen my fabrics and cut some strips.  The second day she will be teaching her Pineapple Crazy quilt.  I am looking forward to that one because I have already made two quilts from her Pineapple Blossom quilt, which is not the same.  I have this week now to get my sewing machine ready and packed up and half my sewing room stuffed into luggage to take with me!  I am sure I will be taking too much stuff but who knows what you really need?  So I will take nearly everything.   


No comments:

Post a Comment