Saturday, October 13, 2012

WVU Lost! Oh No!

I was very disappointed about West Virginia University's loss to Texas Tech today.  I don't think they played up to their usual standard, but I really wasn't surprised - I'd been warning Richard that WVU would probably lose the first game to an unranked opponent.  They will most likely drop from the top five to (maybe!) the top fifteen, if they are lucky.  And Geno Smith's Heisman hopes probably hit the toilet today.

I have mentioned before that I am going to Hawk's Nest for the weekend of November 3 to take a class with Bonnie K. Hunter, my favorite quilt designer.  She will be teaching her Smith Mountain Morning quilt.  I cut my fabrics for this quilt at work on Thursday.  Bonnie did her quilt in blues and browns with a muslin background (see the picture) and I decided to use blues and browns because I have so much of each (especially blues) in my stash.  I am using a tone-on-tone white for the background.  The second picture shows my beautiful fabrics sort of spread out.  I think I have a pretty good variety of both colors.  I could still add more if I run across something that would look good with the others.  The next day we will have a three-hour class on her Pineapple Crazy quilt from her latest book, String Fling.  It is made with string blocks.  Smith Mountain Morning is from her book, Scraps and Shirttails II.  I hope to have her sign both my books that weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment